(Photos: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for The Vanity Group)
Katt Williams has had a wild month. Days after challenging Kevin Hart to a million-dollar comedy battle, he found himself in jail for some pretty serious charges, including recent false imprisonment, gun possession and assault charges for holding his body guard, Corey Dixon, hostage.
Katt and a female accomplice were arrestd for these latest shenanigans last week without bail, but it looks like the comedian was able to convince the judge to let him out on a $60,000 bond. Fans have been worried for the comedy star because of his increasingly reckless and erratic behavior, with some eve speculating that mental illness or drug abuse are behind it.
But video of a news interview with Williams just as he's walking free on bond tells a very different story, and shows a side of Katt we haven't seen in a while: calm, clear and making sense. In the video, Williams is speaking to reporters after his release from the Georgia jail. Asked how he feels, Katt responds, "I'm just like most Christians, under daily attack, but holding up well." He continues to explain why he thinks he's been targeted for arrest, blaming both fame and race: “I’ve been famous for 20 years and you don’t get to take the blessings the perks of it and then complain about the fact that you can’t go anywhere unnoticed.” Watch below to see why he says being Black is also a factor:
After the last video of Katt showed him brawling at a Beanie Sigel concert, dare we say a few nights in the tank did him some good?
Catch up on William’s most recent drama, including his girl Hazel-E coming out and saying she wants the comedian to seek professional help, with BET Breaks:
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024
- This HBCU Alum’s Baseball Journey To The Major League Baseball Front OfficeFrom Alcorn State University to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Brandon Rembert shares how his HBCU prepared him for the pros.02/27/2024
- Bevel Gifts Clark Atlanta University A Locker Room RenovationThe men’s grooming brand transformed the HBCU’s basketball team’s locker room into a state-of-the-art barbershop and lounge space.02/27/2024