Former President Donald Trump is jumping back into the political pool of sharks again announcing on Tuesday night (November 15) that he plans to run as a Republican for a second term as President of the United States in 2024.
“In order to make America great and glorious again, I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States,” said Trump from his estate at the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.
Trump teased last week, right before the midterm elections, that he had a huge announcement coming soon. He has spent the days leading up to the announcement commenting on the GOP’s lackluster performance blaming several candidates who failed to help the party gain majority in the Senate.
Trump filed a lawsuit in an attempt to prevent him from disclosing documents tying him to extremist groups and asking a federal court to dismiss a subpoena issued by the Jan. 6 committee investigating the Capitol insurrection. According to CNN, he was supposed to be deposed on Monday (Nov. 14) behind closed doors, but never showed up.
This campaign marks Trump’s third attempt at the presidency. His one term in office ended in January 2021 but his supporters, both in politics and out, his reach and his campaign money remain strong. Nonetheless, there are also plenty who question what kind of support he will receive from those who are in the Republican Party who do not want to align with his philosophies. Many of them are looking for other possible candidates on the ticket including former Vice President Mike Pence and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
When asked by ABC News if Trump should ever be president again, Pence said, “Well, I think that’s up to the American people, but I think we will have better choices in the future.”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024