Bill Cosby's TV wife, Phylicia Rashad, broke her silence on the sex abuse allegations that have been plaguing the actor for months. Speaking with Showbizz 411, Rashad said she thinks the controversy is nothing more than a well-orchestrated smear campaign.
"Forget these women," she said. "What you're seeing is the destruction of a legacy. And I think it's orchestrated. I don't know why or who's doing it, but it's the legacy. And it's a legacy that is so important to the culture."
The 2015 BET Honors honoree went on to say that she feels like someone is out to sabotage her former TV husband, "Someone is determined to keep Bill Cosby off TV, and it's worked. All his contracts have been canceled."
According to USA Today, Rashad also defended Cosby's wife, Camille, saying that she could not have possibly turned the other cheek for so many years.
Click here for a chance to win $1500 in our Real Husbands of Hollywood Fan FIT sweepstakes presented by the 2015 Honda FIT!
Click here to win a trip to the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration in Phoenix, AZ, plus 4 tickets to the Big Game.
(Photo: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024