Terrifying: CeeLo Green's Phone Exploded In His Hand

This footage is too real.

CeeLo Green just made us all realize our biggest fears.

During a routine phone call while in his studio, the recording artist's cell phone exploded in his hand. The device began smoking while he was using it and before he knew it, the phone caught fire and blew up, knocking him out of his chair.

The terrifying incident was caught on security footage and has since begun making its rounds online.

According to Hollywood Life, it is not yet clear the musician's condition, nor is it clear whether exactly which brand and style of smartphone he had.

Unfortunately, several reports of exploding phones have become more common in recent months, and are not specific to only Samsung, who earlier this year issued a recall for their Galaxy Note 7 model, but also to Apple's iPhone 6S.

We hope that CeeLo is recovering from this unexpected and haunting experience, and that the extent of his injuries aren't too severe. More details on this story as it develops.

Take a look at the scary security footage capturing the explosion in the clip below.

Latest News

Subscribe for BET Updates

Provide your email address to receive our newsletter.

Select the types of notification you would like to receive from us. Please note, you must choose at least one.

By clicking subscribe, I consent to receiving newsletters and other marketing emails. Newsletters are subject to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Users can unsubscribe at any time.