(Photo by: Charles Sykes/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)
The popular television series Iyanla: Fix My Life is coming to an end, as host Iyanla Vanzant shared with HollywoodLife, she knows it is time to say goodbye.
“I didn’t make the decision. I was guided spiritually. It’s time to go. I said, ‘OK,” she says. “I think mentally and emotionally I was feeling tired. I don’t want to do this anymore. I didn’t really have a reason, per se. I just didn’t want to do it anymore. And then I prayed about it and tapped into it.”
Iyanla: Fix My Life partnered with the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) in 2012 as the unscripted series followed celebrities, estranged relatives, damaged families, and broken people in desperate need of guidance to try to break through their issues.
“Forcing yourself to stay in something after you’re complete with it is exhausting,” the New York Times bestselling author says. “We do that in marriages, in jobs, in situations. And so I was exhausted because my purpose had been completed and it was taking a lot of effort to stay.”
The series finale kicks off on Saturday (April 10) with the return of actress LisaRaye McCoy who tries to address the childhood trauma that she is still dealing with today.
Vanzant says she has always urged people to “learn how to speak the truth, hear the truth, accept the truth,” and says that it “brings us greater awareness of how we impact each other.”
The final season of Iyanla: Fix My Life premieres on OWN on April 10 at 9 PM ET.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024