Emmy Award-winning actress, musical artist, producer, and entrepreneur Keke Palmer took the helm as the host for the "Soul Train Awards" 2023, delivering an unforgettable evening celebrating R&B and soul music.
The industry veteran earned the nickname Keke “Keep a Bag” Palmer thanks to her relentless work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit. Not only is she a powerhouse entertainer, but Keke has also ventured into various business endeavors, demonstrating her knack for continuously securing opportunities.
Keke brought an unforgettable vibe to the show, making it an absolute must-watch affair for music lovers everywhere. Don't miss the chance to witness the biggest celebration of the genre when come back around next year. In the meantime, check out the way our host has kept booked and busy.
Palmer is known for her versatile acting skills, having appeared in numerous movies and TV shows throughout her career, including “Akeelah and the Bee,” “Hustlers,” ”Nope,” and “Scream Queens.” She landed her first big role playing Queen Latifah’s niece in Barbershop 2: Back in Business in 2004.
Palmer is not only an actress but also a talented singer. In 2005, she inked a deal with Atlantic Records and released her debut album, “So Uncool,” two years later. Over the years, the entertainer has released two studio projects, three mixtapes, and over a dozen more singles.
In 2017, the multi-hyphenated star released her autobiography “I Don't Belong to You: Quiet the Noise and Find Your Voice,” sharing her personal experiences and offering guidance on empowerment and self-discovery.
In 2009, Nickelodeon and Walmart partnered for a fashion line, Mad Style by True Jackson, inspired by the hit show “True Jackson, VP” starring Palmer. The series ran for three seasons, from 2008 to 2011.
The entertainer has also ventured into entrepreneurship with initiatives like her acting academy and production company, Big Boss Entertainment. These endeavors reflect her commitment to mentoring young talent and creating diverse content.
Palmer has appeared in various and hosted her podcast, “Baby, This is Keke Palmer,” covering topics ranging from pop culture to social issues, showcasing her versatility as a conversationalist and commentator.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024