(Photo by Leon Bennett/FilmMagic)
Gospel artist Fred Hammond, 59, has shared with his Instagram followers that he has contracted COVID-19 after obtaining results on Monday (Nov. 9) from a same-day test.
The Grammy award-winning artist uploaded a four-minute video on Saturday (Nov. 15) informing fans that he was on day five of a 14-day quarantine. Hammond believes he can pinpoint the moment of contraction, admitting to letting his guard down one time and believes it’s when it occurred.
“I’m a mask wearer, but I let it down [and] my guard down in one place,” Hammond recalls.
He also shared that his doctor is unaware of how serious his diagnosis is, but he is being closely monitored. A doctor is also caring for him daily and he has three additional medical professionals on speed dial if he has any questions, he notes.
In positive spirits, Hammond said that expects to pull through from the illness.
“I thank God for that so now this has come I have a better chance of fighting it. I still have good hope,” he continued noting that he has lost friends to the virus. “I’m feeling better everyday. It is what it is. You can’t worry about it. God is in control.”
Hammond concluded his post asking his fans to wear their masks, “be diligent and vigilant because it’s out here.”
For the latest on the coronavirus, check out BET’s blog on the virus, and contact your local health department or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024
- New Music Friday: SZA, Steelo Brim & Saweetie Drop New TunesRefresh your playlists with these hot new tracks and check out a special behind-the-scenes video of Vic Mensa’s making of “BLUE EYES”, which was nominated for Outstanding Hip Hop/Rap Song at the 2024 NAACP Image Awards.02/23/2024
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024