(Photos from left: Kristy Sparow/WireImage, Alberto Rodriguez/BET/Getty Images for BET, Josh Brasted/FilmMagic)
The 2018 Grammys nominations have been announced, and there are quite a few familiar faces on the list. Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars, and more made the cut this year, but there are still some artists that the Twitter community would have liked to see acknowledged for their projects.
According to many Twitter users, they felt as though Future was snubbed of a number of nominations, including Best Rap Album for FUTURE and Song of the Year for the viral track “Mask Off.” And while Kehlani was able to nab a nomination for Best R&B Performance for her retro single “Distraction,” the Academy failed to throw her album, SweetSexySavage, in the mix for Best R&B Album.
Fans also took offense to the absence of Vince Staple’s Big FishTheory, Demi Lovato’s Tell Me You Love Me and A Tribe Called Quest’s We Got it From Here… Thank You 4 Your Service. They also think that The Weeknd’s Starboy should have been thrown into the talk of Album of the Year.
Even with the snubs however, the Academy managed to include a lot more diversity in its nominations pool this year. In addition to featuring a number of hip-hop artists in major categories, this is the first year a white male was not nominated for Album of the Year in the last 19 years.
Twitter Users Have Some Opinions About Who Should've Gotten A Grammy Nomination...
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024