Questlove and The Roots are announcing that the group’s co-founder is co-curating the Hip-Hop 50 tribute performance for the 65th Annual Grammy Awards.
Part of the Paramount Global initiative, the performance will honor the 50th anniversary of hip-hop in partnership with Mass Appeal. In his announcement, Questo hinted that the show will see “some of the biggest names from the genre coming together to celebrate hip-hop history–its past, its present, its future.”
The lineup is expected to be announced in the coming days.
Questlove Is A Big Fan Of Lil Yachty’s ‘Let’s Start Here’ Album, Here’s Why
Among the other performers that have been announced are Mary J. Blige, Lizzo, Steve Lacy, Kim Petras, Bad Bunny, Brandi Carlile, Luke Combs, and Sam Smith.
The 2023 Grammy Awards will be broadcast live from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on Sunday (February 5) from 8:00 to 11:30 PM EST on CBS and will be available to stream live and on-demand on Paramount+, as well as on live.grammy.com.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024