(Photos from Left: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images, Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images)
Over the weekend, Donald Trump announced that he filled two major positions in his cabinet. On Sunday, sources confirmed that RNC Chairman Reince Priebus was appointed Trump’s chief of staff, and Breitbart News Chairman Steve Bannon will act as chief strategist.
Most traditional Republicans believe Reince Priebus is the right choice because he represents the base of the party; however, as soon as Bannon’s name was tossed into the political arena, most of the nation denounced the decision.
Before this election, many people were unaware of Bannon’s radical views; however, now that he has a position nearly the equivalent of Priebus, his controversial past publications have taken center stage.
While he worked at Breitbart, many credited him for bring the Alt-Right (a far-right conservative group that opposes multiculturalism) to the mainstream. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a hate-watch group, called Bannon the “main driver behind Breitbart becoming a white ethno-nationalist propaganda mill.”
Some of Breitbart’s past articles have attacked immigrants, Muslims, the Black Lives Matter movement, feminists, Jews, and basically all other non-white, non-male groups.
During their divorce, Bannon’s ex-wife alleged that he didn’t want to send their children to a private school because of the large population of Jewish students.
Additionally, Breitbart used a special tag titled “Black Crime” that directly opposed stories about police shootings of unarmed Black men. In Breitbart’s articles, they portrayed Black people as serial criminals who terrorize the country.
Now, some conservative politicians have come out and said that Bannon does not have a racist bone in his body; however, many believe that the Alt-Right would not have gained much momentum had it not been for Bannon and Breitbart.
In short, Trump has appointed a white supremacist to his White House cabinet. And to make matters worse he will be directly influencing Trump’s decisions, along with Priebus. To put it plainly, Priebus is making sure the trains get there on time, and Bannon is determining their destination.
In Trump’s America, a white supremacist, Alt-Right t enabler will be telling the president which decisions he should make next.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024