Romeo Miller expressed gratitude for his daughter, River Rose, this Thanksgiving, revealing on Instagram that the toddler was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
The 34-year-old musician shared a heartfelt caption praising River Rose's strength and resilience.
"River Rose Miller aka my little rocket! Before I go to bed tonight, on this special day I give thanks to you and for you,” he wrote. “Behind that comely smile, there’s a fighter! I’ve never met a stronger human and I thank God every day for assigning me to be your papa."
In an Instagram video, Miller included clips of his daughter in a hospital bed and emphasized the challenges they face. He acknowledged the unwavering support of his fiancé Drew Sangster and their other daughter, Winter.
Type 1 diabetes is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Insulin is a hormone that helps regulate blood sugar (glucose). In Type 1 diabetes, the immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
"At her age, there are many challenges and random sleep overs at the hospital, but our faith has never wavered and little sister Winter and Mama Drew are always by her side,” Miller wrote. “The silver lining? Our bond is even stronger because it's a must I be there for my daughter medically."
Miller highlighted the strengthened bond within their family and expressed his commitment to helping others facing a similar journey. The post also mentioned the use of medical devices like @omnipod and @dexcom, which have been life-saving for River Rose. Miller teased upcoming news from @mylittlerocketco, a company and charity inspired by his daughter.
Ending the post with a call for kindness, Miller shared that his mission is to contribute knowledge and support to the Type 1 diabetes community as it seeks a cure. Celebrities like Halle Berry, Anthony Anderson, Patti LaBelle, Damon Dash and Sherri Shepherd have shared their journey with diabetes.
The comment section is full of messages of support, including one from Loni Love. In a previous Instagram post in August, Miller celebrated fatherhood, calling it the greatest adventure of his life.
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024
- Lil Yachty and Dr. Umar Johnson Debate the Use of the N-WordThe two engaged in the discussion on the Atlanta rapper’s “A Safe Place” podcast.03/01/2024