Kim Kardashian and Kanye West aren't known to be private people. In fact, we thought that we knew just about everything there is to know about the “world’s most talked about couple.” Thanks to Kim's various social media profiles, even the most casual observer knows at any given point where they are (yesterday it was Grandma MJ’s birthday), who they're with (recent cameos from Chrissy Teigen and John Legend) and even what they had for dinner. (Shout out to Kim’s #soulfoodsunday.)
But for Harper's Bazaar's September issue, they managed to uncover a few new insights into the Life of Kimye in the couple's joint profile and certain things will come as a surprise even to the most most devoted Kimye fans.
What's the most indulgent thing the reality star has ever bought her husband? Which show do they binge watch together? Read below to see five most interesting things we learned about America's illustrious and visible power couple.
1. They’re squatters. Three years after starting construction on Chez Kimye, they're still not living there: "This is not really their house, though. This is a stage home where the family — West, Kardashian, and their children, North, three, and Saint, nine months — are camping (a term used loosely; the place is majestically minimal) for the next few weeks until their new home is finally ready."
2. Kim reads (and we're not talking about just tweets). "[My favorite book is] Embraced by the Light. It's about a woman who passed away during surgery, and she went to heaven, had her experience, and then came back. My dad [Robert Kardashian] would try to get me to read it, and I wouldn't. Then when he passed away, I was cleaning out my room in his house, and I found it. I read it, and it helped me. I felt like my dad was okay."
3. They love to Netflix and Chill. What show do they binge watch? "Empire."
4. We are in for a surprise if we hack Kanye’s cloud. "I used to do nude selfies in my single days. You'd get a good cock shot here and there. [Laughs.] Gotta keep it rock 'n' roll."
5. Kanye might have given her a flower wall but Kim is great at gifts too. "I rented an island for his birthday. A far, far away place where no one can find us."
For the past 10 years, Yusef has been dictating all of the beauty trends we emulate via his most famous client, none other than Rihanna. He started out his career as a performer, but he ended up behind the scenes. In Hairstory, he details his rise in the industry from aspiring singer to creative directing the hair for Fenty x Puma.