(Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
With "Kobe Bryant Day" officially being held on Aug. 24, the Los Angeles Lakers have confirmed they will wear specially designed uniforms designed by Nike and Kobe.
According to the NBA’s Lockervision website, the Lakers will wear the "Black Mamba" uniform featuring Bryant’s two jersey numbers 8 and 24.
The uniform will also feature a black snakeskin print, 3-D style lettering, and 16 stars representing the team’s NBA titles, five which were won with the help of the Laker legend. Bryant’s "Black Mamba" uniform is a part of Nike’s "Lore Series" which collaborates with former players on a uniform design to pay homage to their playing days.
The Los Angeles Lakers will sport the new uniforms during the second round of the NBA playoffs in Orlando.
Nike will honor Laker legend Kobe Bryant by launching “Mamba Week” on August 23, which would have been the five-time NBA champion’s 42nd birthday. “Mamba Week” will honor Bryant through three major efforts, according to an official press release issued by Nike.
The first key effort will be a $1 million donation to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation created to honor Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna who both died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California on January 26.
Nike is also scheduled to release Mamba memorabilia including signature sneakers and jerseys. The mega sports brand will also further their support to Bryant’s Mamba League partnership with the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club.
- Erykah Badu Breaks The Internet With Butt-Baring Thirst TrapIt’s a Badu kind of world, and we’re just living in it.03/05/2024
- Jonathan Majors Declares His Love For Meagan Good In Red Carpet DebutThe event was the couple’s first red carpet appearance since the “Lovecraft Country” actor was found guilty of misdemeanor third-degree assault and second-degree harassment in December.03/05/2024
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024