An attorney in Young Thug and Young Slime Life’s RICO trial is contemplating whether to create an OnlyFans account, claiming the state isn’t paying her enough.
WSB-TV reports that defense lawyer Angela D’Williams, who is representing a defendant in the case, claims the Georgia Public Defender Council, the state agency she works out of, doesn’t compensate her enough and isn’t doing enough to make sure low-income residents in her state can afford legal counsel.
“This case is slated to last for about a year, and if you were to do the math, it would be six dollars an hour,” D’Williams said. “I can’t take any new cases. I can’t close any cases. I need something to survive off of. We were under the impression that GPDC was advocating for us, and once they put those walls up, I’m thinking I need to start an OnlyFans.”
Young Thug RICO Trial Juror Sentenced To Three Days In Jail For Filming Court Proceedings
D’Williams also noted that she previously came to court to question GPDC Executive Director Omotayo Alli, but she never took the stand. Rather, her attorney served as her spokesperson.
“I asked for additional funds back in March, and that was met with a letter from the director saying she doesn’t need to meet with me anymore,” D’Williams testified. “I need to know what she has done to advocate for the appointed counsel in this case.”
A GPDC spokesperson told the news station they’re working to find additional funds for attorneys currently being paid $15,000 for the entire case.
“If they really cared about those that are indigent, they would use taxpayer’s money wisely,” KR Chowbey, a fellow defense attorney added in a comment to the news station.
Watch the full news package below.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024