(Photo Courtesy of CBS News)
BET, in partnership with CBS News, announces a new exclusive special with comedian Chris Rock, “No Joke: Chris Rock and Gayle King,” premiering Thursday, February 4 at 10pm ET/PT on BET and BET Her. The program will feature extended excerpts of Rock’s recent sit-down interview with CBS This Morning’s Gayle King from his home, and clips from his recently released special "Total Blackout: The Tamborine Extended Cut" (Netflix), in which the award-winning comedian, actor, director, producer and writer opens up about being bullied as a kid, racism in America, Donald Trump, President Joe Biden, divorce, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Rock goes deep when discussing his critically-acclaimed performance in the FX series “Fargo” where he plays the gangster, Loy Cannon -- a challenging and dramatic role he says he didn’t “have the gravitas” to deliver earlier in his career.
Chris Rock makes you laugh, and more importantly, gets you thinking. It’s that combination that makes him one of the most acclaimed comedians of all-time. His humor and honesty is on full display in the BET Special, “No Joke: Chris Rock and Gayle King". It’s a side of Rock that viewers haven’t seen before, and one they won’t soon forget.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024