(Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
John Legend brought the 2020 Billboard Music Awards crowd to tears after he dedicated his powerful performance of “Never Break” to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple suffered a devastating miscarriage last month. The singer has been understandably silent following the tragic news but recently penned a moving tribute on his Instagram, expressing his emotions.
"This is for Chrissy," he wrote on Thursday (Oct. 15). "I love and cherish you and our family so much. We’ve experienced the highest highs and lowest lows together. Watching you carry our children has been so moving and humbling. I’m in awe of the strength you’ve shown through the most challenging moments."
"What an awesome gift it is to be able to bring life into the world. We’ve experienced the miracle, the power and joy of this gift, and now we’ve deeply felt its inherent fragility."
Legend then shared the meaning behind his song “Never Break.”
“I wrote this song because I have faith that as long as we walk this earth, we will hold each other’s hands through every tear, through every up and down, through every test,” he continued. “We promised each other this on our wedding day seven years ago, and every challenge we’ve faced has made that promise more powerful, more resilient. Our love will remain. We will never break.”
Teigen announced on Sept. 30 that she and her husband had lost their child, just days after posting that she was suffering pregnancy complications. Breaking the news on their social media the couple said, “We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before.”
Teigen had revealed that she had been on bed rest and had been suffering from bleeding for less than a month.
“He will always be Jack to us. Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever,” Teigen said in her heartbreaking Instagram post. “To our Jack - I’m so sorry that the first few moments of your life were met with so many complications, that we couldn’t give you the home you needed to survive. We will always love you.”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024