(Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for DSW)
Kyrzayda Rodriguez, a beloved fashion influencer from New Jersey, passed away yesterday after her battle with stage 4 stomach cancer.
K, as her friends call her, was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer back in October 2017, and instead of feeling defeated like most would, she fearlessly decided to continue blogging and documenting her journey, all the way to the end.
Kyrzayda is known for her iconic pixie cut and the ubiquitous coffee cup in hand while posing in the latest fashions.
K told Refinery29 that she decided not to wear wigs while going through chemo-therapy because she wanted people to see her as she is. A fighter. She also announced back in August that she ended her radiation treatments because they weren’t helping the way she thought they would. She wanted to spend time with her family and friends with as little pain and possible. Even times when K felt like giving up on herself, she would post positive inspirational messages to her fans. Four days before her passing, Kyrzayda went on Instagram Live to spread words of encouragement even though you could clearly see that she was in pain.
Celebrities like Nene Leakes even took to Instagram to express their love for the fashion queen.
Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for DSW
The fierce fighter started blogging back in 2015 and has truly made a dent in the fashion blogging industry. Kyrzayda will be missed by her hundreds of thousands of fans, but her legacy will indeed live on through her beautiful photos. Followers have started a hashtag #youinspireusKyrzayda in her honor. She is survived by her teenage daughter along with a host of family members and friends.
This fashionista showed us pure strength, grace and fearlessness. She is a true inspiration to us all. RIP Kyrzayda, you will be missed.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024