Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for GQ
Sevyn Streeter recently sat down with The Breakfast Club to chat about her latest tracks, her love for skimpy wear in the springtime, and being on the road nonstop for the last four weeks. She also opened up about her relationship with B.O.B., and the singer could not stop gushing about her new boo.
“B.O.B. and I started out as friends, we were friends for a very long time. And I say this all the time and I mean it from the bottom of my heart, if it ended tomorrow, he’s still my friend and I’ve never had anything start out that way before,” Streeter said. “In the past, I have run across BANs (b---h a-- n----s) before, and honestly, my ex in my last situation, I felt like I had to dim my light. I felt like he didn’t want me to shine. So it feels really good to be dating somebody who, he’s got his own light, he’s comfortable in his own skin, and supports me like, ‘Aight boo, go shine.’ I think that’s dope and that’s important to me.”
Streeter also shared her thoughts on denying sexual pleasure when you’re in a committed relationship and said that you should never say “no.”
“When you’re with somebody that you love and you trust I think that it’s important that you don’t kill the fun,” she said. “You know what my motto is? I think that when you commit to somebody and you take them off the market, I think that it is your job as a woman or as a man, I don’t think you should ever say no. Like, if you’re tired. If somebody’s tired, no, because at the end of the day you took that person off the market. They can’t go and be with somebody else because they’re with you. So don’t you ever say no.”
To watch the entire interview, click here, and tell us: do you agree that you should never say “no” to your partner?
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for GQ)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024