Ashanti’s latest chapters of her career have demonstrated the importance of ownership. Her latest announcement falls in line with her game plan, as she becomes the first Black female artist to co-found a Web3 company.
According to NewsOne, the singer is partnering with EQ Exchange, a woman-owned company that has a primary objective to ensure artists have ownership over their intellectual property and connect more directly with their target audiences.
A Web3 company is essentially the next level of the internet, where users have the chance to become shareholders of decentralized data.
EQ Exchange shared their excitement via Twitter.
Ashanti, 41, took to Instagram to express her excitement for the partnership.
“I’m so ecstatic to be the First Black female Artist to be a partner and co owner of such an Amazing Web3 tech company as EQ Exchange. Focusing on music and NFT's, EQ is built on CELO, the world’s first carbon negative blockchain.”
Last year, Ashanti revealed that she was in the process of recording her self-titled debut album, which turns twenty this year. The reason for re-recording the album is so she can gain complete control and ownership over the body of work.
Ashanti and EQ Exchange also has a focus to bring a more personal experience to her fans, that involves music and gifts.
“We’re focused on a mutual exchange of gifts… Love to and from my fans!”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024