Photo by Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images and Photo by Andrew Toth/Getty Images.
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Erykah Badu opens up about her friendship and bond with André 3000, exploring the dynamic of their relationship both in the past and the present.
Speaking with Summer Walker as a part of the publication’s “Musicians On Musicians” segment, Badu first explained what the beginning of her relationship with the Outkast rapper was like when they first met.
“When we became boyfriend and girlfriend in the ‘90s, we didn’t become friends first,” she said. “We were attracted to each other first. We had stuff in common, but we didn’t learn all of that until over the years.”
“We have a 23-year-old son,” she continued. “Over these years, we’ve just become closer and closer as friends, as humans, as man, as woman.”
The legendary singer also talked about how she and the “Hey Ya!” rapper have remained close friends. “He’s one of my best friends on the planet,” she said. “I care for him so very much, about his livelihood, his art, his feelings. And I’m a super big fan of him. I’m assuming he’s also a fan of my music. We’re really close.”
“We laugh all the time, talk about things,” she added. “It’s brother and sister, it’s grandmother and grandson, it’s father and daughter. It’s so many different things depending on what the situation calls for.”
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024