News anchor Erica Simon is not here for body shaming.
Having had enough of viewers weighing in on her pregnant body as she enters her third trimester, the ABC 13 Houston star took to Facebook to post a “friendly PSA.”
“No, I’m not about to pop, deliver tomorrow, or am having twins. I’m petite with a small torso, so no matter the size of the baby, I’m going to present startlingly big in the tummy,” she said.
The Emmy-nominated journalist continued, “It’s not polite to constantly comment on women’s pregnant bodies. In fact, last go round with Ella, some of you made me feel very self-conscious and bad, at a time where I should be celebrating, at peace, and preparing for God’s gift.”
“I will keep you updated on major developments like I always do, so no need to bombard me with pregnancy opinions, or how you think I look. Cheers to a beautiful, healthy delivery in February!”
Words of love and support, including from fellow news anchors, flooded the post.
Mya Caleb from KFDM in Beaumont, Texas wrote, “I hate that you even had to say anything about this. Keep glowing and we’ll be praying for a delivery in February.”
Arianna Poindexter from Action News 5 in Memphis, Tenn. also commented, “People don’t understand how hard being pregnant on TV is.”
Simon noted in the comment section of her post that she doesn't think anyone is intentionally trying to be mean with their comments.
"I just don't think people are thinking about how their comments or questions would make me feel at a vulnerable, special time," she wrote
This isn’t the first time the Dallas native has had to get the internet trolls together. When she was pregnant with her first child in 2019, Simon had to tell them to “chill” after they said she was "packing on pounds." Her fans and fellow anchors defended her honor then as well.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024