Harlem legend and New York style pioneer Dapper Dan has once again teamed up with GAP to deliver a new capsule collection, which is the biggest yet.
The collection features various pieces, from classic, plaid printed hoodies and coordinating pants to snazzy scarves and hats. All the pieces are adorned with Dapper Dan's signature style, known for its bold colors and intricate embroidery.
The collection is a celebration of Dapper Dan’s impact on fashion, and it’s sure to be a hit with fans of his work. The pieces are available now at select GAP stores and online.
Dapper Dan opened his Harlem boutique on 125th Street in 1982. It quickly became popular and stayed open 24 hours a day. He styled celebs such as LL Cool J, Mike Tyson, Salt-N-Pepa and Run-DMC, all in his version of luxury logos. His latest Gap collaboration draws inspiration from those roots.
“I would describe it as a combination of what I’m known for and where I plan to go in the future,” he told Vogue. “How can I take Logomania into a future space without it dominating the garments the way it has been?”
This fourth capsule collection builds on Dan's previous (and, of course, sold-out) hoodie releases from last year to offer something for everyone, including the mini fashion lovers, aka the kiddos. It is available in sizes toddler 2T to adult XXXL and retails from $25 to $128.
This must-have collection includes graphic hoodies stamped with "Harlem" and the DAP logo, matching pleated logomania sweatpants, caps, and much more. Of the 18-piece collection, Dapper Dan is most excited about the kids' pieces. "I often tell people my goal is not to dress bodies," he says. "My goal is to dress young minds. And that more than anything else excites me about what we're doing now. I get an opportunity for young people to wear what represents me, and their parents are proud about it."
This collection serves as a bold love letter to Harlem. Much like his previous collaborations with Gap, this one conveys an overwhelmingly positive message of unity.
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024