The lawsuits are piling up after the death of Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown. On February 4th, Brown’s estate administrator, Bedelia Hargrove, issued a lawsuit against the late music scion's grandmother Cissy Houston and aunt Pat Houston for “breach of trust” after refusing to pay the cost of operating the estate. As co-trustees, the Houston’s are supposed to sign off on any money coming in or out.
According to Bossip, Grandma Cissy and Aunt Pat are refusing to pay the bill unless they think it’s “reasonable.” In Hargrove’s complaint to the Fulton County Superior Court, she writes, “Respondents are impairing and impeding the proper administration of the estate. To date, the respondents have failed and refused to pay any expenses of administration of the estate after proper and repeated demands from the petitioner.”
This is the second lawsuit the estate has filed since Bobbi Brown’s death on July 26, 2015. Hargrove and the estate are also suing Brown's then-boyfriend Nick Gordon for “wrongful death” in the case of Bobbi Kristina being found unconscious in her bathtub; which eventually led to her untimely death. As far as we can tell, the lawsuit has gone nowhere — and perhaps Hargrove's legal fees are what the Houston's don't want to pay?
The Houstons have not responded to the lawsuit.
Sadly, the drama of Krissy's life continues after her death. Watch BET Breaks below for a heartbreaking recap of the abuse she allegedly suffered just before her death:
Photo: Christopher Polk/Billboards2012/Getty Images for ABC)
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024