BET Digital Design
On the heels of the first-ever National Black Voter Day launched by BET’s nonpartisan #ReclaimYourVote campaign, BET Digital features an exclusive conversation between Senator Kamala Harris and several students and youth activists from Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Hosted by Emmy-nominated actor, producer, media personality and HBCU alum Terrence J, the virtual dialog “Black America Votes: HBCU Students Interview Sen. Kamala Harris” showcases a thoughtful, political discourse between Sen. Harris and a cohort of student leaders including a student body president, the editor-in-chief of a student newspaper, and a president of the young Democrats. The group of five students represent the often muffled millennial voice often many first-time voters. It’s a community that refuses to be ignored in one of the most significant elections of our time.
BET will stream the entire conversation on National Voter Registration Day, Tuesday, September 22, which is the perfect occasion to address issues that are front and center on these students’ respective campuses. The students ask about a wide range of questions touching on issues concerning education, the economy, the future of HBCUs and social justice.
The panelists consist of various HBCU students, some in critical states, who are vital to the November election, including Sen. Harris’s alma mater Howard University (Washington, DC), Spelman College (Atlanta, GA), North Carolina A&T University (Greensboro, NC), Hampton University (Hampton, Virginia), and Tuskegee University (Tuskegee, Alabama).
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024