(Photos from left: Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images, Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Jennifer Hudson, 36, and her fiancé, David Otunga, 37, have officially called it quits after 10 years of engagement.
While the split was said to be in the process for a matter of months, the real shocker comes with the Oscar winner's actions following the announcement.
While this is definitely a sad time for the couple, let's take a look at happier times for the singer, in particular, in the BET Breaks video, above.
Hudson's rep confirmed to People that the two have "been in the process of ending their relationship for a number of months," before adding that the decorated entertainer has taken actions to protect herself and their 8-year-old son, David Daniel Otunga Jr.
"Today, Jennifer requested and received a protective order against her ex-fiancé," the statement continued. "Jennifer's actions are solely taken in the best interest of their son."
The former pro wrestler, who rose to reality TV fame during his appearance on the dating competition I Love New York, proposed to Hudson in September 2008 after less than a year of dating. They welcomed their son almost a year later, in August 2009.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024