Photo: David Cannon/Getty Images
Photo Credit: David Cannon/Getty Images
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson largely owned the PGA Tour during the late 90s and early 2000s. Now, they’re using their amazing game to raise money to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
On Wednesday (April 22), Turner Sports confirmed that the pair of legendary golfers will be joined by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for The Match: Champions for Charity. The event will be a two-on-two golf match to benefit COVID-19 relief.
"After feeling the sting of defeat the first time around, Looks like @tigerwoods is bringing a ringer to The Match (#PeytonManning)," Mickelson wrote on Instagram Wednesday. "I’m bringing a [goat]... @tombrady - Ready to hit [bombs]?"
A PGA Tour spokesperson told the Times that discussions on how to safely stage the match are currently underway as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread.
For the latest on the coronavirus, check out BET’s blog on the virus, and contact your local health department or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024