Credit: Icon Sportswire / Contributor
Bubba Wallace has released a new ad and the only Black driver in NASCAR is remaining unapologetic.
Wallace has partnered with Root Insurance, a technology company that is revolutionizing personal insurance and is fighting to make access to insurance more fair. An ad that dropped yesterday, titled “Unapologetic,” features a montage of images of the racial injustice uprisings this summer.
At the end of the ad, Wallace is asked by a reporter, “How do you respond to a request that you apologize.”
The 27-year-old says nothing and the ad closes with “Progress owes no apology.”
The ad appears to be a direct dig at President Trump, who tweeted back on July 6, “Has @BubbaWallace apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!”
Trump was referring to the support Wallace received after a rope was found in his garage at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama that had been tied into a noose. The noose was found in the stall by another member of Wallace’s team, who reported it to NASCAR officials.
The organization launched an investigation, according to ESPN on June 21. After just 48 hours, the FBI concluded Wallace was not the target of a hate crime because the noose had already been in the stall prior to Wallace’s use.
Nonetheless, NASCAR President Steve Phelps said in a statement that “the noose was real.”
Wallace responded to Trump on July 6 on Twitter, "Love over hate every day. Love should come naturally to as people are TAUGHT to hate. Even when it's hate from the POTUS. Love wins."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024