(Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Trey Songz revealed that he has tested positive for COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. The R&B singer shared the news in a video posted to his Instagram on Monday (Oct. 5).
“Here with a very important message to let you know that I tested positive for COVID-19,” the 35-year-old said in the clip. “I’ve taken many tests as I’ve been out protesting, food drives, of course, I have a very young son at home, so I get tested periodically, and this time unfortunately, it came back positive.”
Songz assured his fans that he is taking his coronavirus diagnosis seriously, noting that more than “7.5 million Americans have contracted COVID [and] one out of a thousand Black people have died from it.”
He added, “I will be taking it seriously, I will be self-quarantining. I will be in my house until I see a negative sign.” Songz went on to disclose that he's been cautious amid the pandemic since his grandfather died earlier this year from what he believes was COVID-19.
The singer concluded the message by imploring his followers to take the coronavirus pandemic seriously with a shot at President Donald Trump.
“If you come in contact with COVID, please do the same,” Songz stressed. “Don't be like the President. Much love and peace, y'all. Thank you for your support, your love.”
The president was hospitalized at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center over the weekend after he and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus last Friday (October 2). Despite still being infected, Trump returned to the White House on Monday (October 5). He caught further flack after he removed his mask for a photo op. Even still, Trump was back on Twitter downplaying the severity of COVID-19, even though more than 200,000 people have died since the start of the pandemic.
Watch Trey Songz’s video below.
For the latest on the coronavirus, check out BET’s blog on the virus, and contact your local health department or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024
- Sanaa Lathan Stars In New Audible Original ‘The Justice’, Reveals She Wishes To Portray Her Character Onscreen"I want to play this in a movie. Let's put it out there," the actor manifested.02/29/2024
- 'Sistas:' Gary’s Lies May Finally Be Catching Up To HimGary’s secrets are much worse than they previously seemed after it comes out that he might be tied to a murder.02/29/2024
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024