Alena Wicker, a 12-year-old prodigy from Arizona, is set to begin her college education at Arizona State University later this year. And that’s just the beginning for her.
According to ABC News, the pre-teen, who completed high school through at-home schooling, plans to major in astronomical and planetary sciences and chemistry and hopes it will lead to working for NASA by the time she turns 16.
“I’ll be driving one of those future space mobiles by the time I graduate college,” she told the network.
According to Wicker, age should set no limitations. “It doesn’t matter what your age or what you’re planning to do. Go for it, dream, then accomplish it,” she says.
RELATED: 16-Year-Old Music Prodigy Held A Socially Distanced Piano Recital At Home
Wicker says her passion for building began as an infant with LEGOs.
"I always liked dreaming of being an engineer because throughout my life I liked building," Wicker told KXXV.com.
"At four years old she said I'm going to work at NASA and I'm going to go up there, she would point to the stars," said Daphne Mcquarter, Alena's mom.
Alena says her goal is to build rovers like the one sent to Mars in the Perseverance mission.
"I'm just planning it all as I go," she said. "It doesn't matter what your age or what you're planning to do. Go for it, dream, then accomplish it."
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Let's Rewind & Marvel at Marsai Martin's Acceptance Speech From 2020If you didn't know already, Marsai Martin is a star!02/28/2024
- Ray J And Princess Love Relationship TimelineThey are headed towards divorce for the fourth time since getting married in 2016.02/28/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Roles that Defined Keke Palmer's CareerThe Emmy-winning “booked and busy” actress has dazzled audiences onscreen for the last two decades.02/28/2024
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024