(Photo: Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Sports Illustrated)
We're always here for unabashed declarations of Black pride and last night we saw one of the most powerful ones this year. At the Sports Illustrated Awards, Beyoncè surprised everyone by turning up to present Colin Kaepernick with the Muhammed Ali Legacy Award.
Bey gave a meaningful speech that mused on Kaep's selflessness and the inherent Americanness in racism. The moment of Black excellence was further amplified by Bey wearing a LaQuan Smith dress. Smith is a buzzy emerging designer whose garments have also been seen on Cardi B, Kim Kardashian and Young Thug. This sexy, sparky mini dress was from Smith's SS18 presentation.
Watch Bey present the award to Kaep below, and take in this sparky serve. #CakeByThePound
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024