Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen acquitted after shooting and mortally wounding two men while injuring another during an anti-racism protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, has announced that he plans to sue Whoopi Goldberg.
Appearing on Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson Tonight on Monday (Feb. 21) the Illinois teen, whose incident happened during protests over the police shooting of Jacob Blake, said that he and his team have launched the Media Accountability Project to fundraise money in order to take both media companies and individuals to court “for the lies they said” about him.
BET previously reported about Rittenhouse's Nov. 19 acquittal, where he was found not guilty on all charges in the shootings that took the lives of two men and injured a third in Kenosha
He had been charged with homicide, attempted homicide and reckless endangerment in the deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26, and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz, 27.
“Right now we're looking at quite a few,” Rittenhouse said on Tucker Carlson Tonight. “Politicians, celebrities, athletes. Whoopi Goldberg's on the list. She called me a murderer after I was acquitted by a jury of my peers. She went on to still say that. And there's others.”
In case you missed it, back in 2020, Goldberg, co-host of ABC’s The View, said of Rittenhouse: “Even all the excuses in the world does not change the fact that three people got shot. Two people were murdered. To me it’s murder. I’m sorry,” The Guardian notes.
Rittenhouse also plans to hold anyone accountable who accused him of being a white supremacist as well.
Goldberg has not yet responded to his comments.
Watch the Fox News clip below: