(Photo by: Amy Sussman/E! Entertainment/NBCU Photo Bank)
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians alum explained about her continuous efforts to educate herself and her daughter, who she shares with NBA player Tristan Thompson, on race and inclusivity.
“I will be always learning and trying to do the best I can do as being her mom, but I'm obviously not a woman of color. But I do want her to be exposed to as much inclusion, but variety as possible,” Kardashian said according to USA Today.
Kardashian noted that she doesn’t want her three-year-old daughter “living in a bubble” and understands that conversations about various races are important.
She continued, “Even if you do live in a bubble, whoever you are, I think that can be really jarring when your kids are set free, then they're going to be so either devastated, hurt, traumatized, confused, overwhelmed.”
The Good American founder also expressed that she is being careful not to “overexpose” True or share things with her too soon.
Later adding, “It's our duty as parents to really expose them while they have the safety and security of their parents to communicate that with them and still guide them and help them instead of just letting them out into the free world and now they're like, 'Wait, I didn't hear about this, I had no idea this was what real life was.’”
Listen to her episode on the Role Model podcast here.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024